CASES - NOW ONLY 45 LBS.
Golden Brands GW 415 Soy Wax Flakes
Golden Brands GW 415 soy wax is 100% pure and does not contain any additives. It has a slightly higher melt point enabling it to retain a higher fragrance load. GW 415 is designed for use in container candles and blends well with other waxes, such as paraffin and beeswax. A heat gun may be necessary to smooth out the tops of finished candles.
Melt Point: 120 - 125°
Suggested Pouring Temperature: 90 - 100°
Advantages of using GW 415:
- Contains no additives
- High fragrance load - 10% to 12% fragrance loads are possible (1-2 oz. of fragrance per pound of wax)
- Blends well with other waxes, such as beeswax, paraffin wax, slack wax, and microcrystalline wax
- Comes in flake form
- No additives required
- Melt point: 121° to 125°
- Heat wax to around 185°
- Add dye if desired and mix thoroughly
- Add candle fragrance if desired and mix thoroughly
- Pouring temperatures should typically be around 90° to 100°, though experimentation is recommended to determine optimal pouring temperature
- Allow candles to cool as slow as possible to achieve good jar adhesion and create a smooth finish
- Wait at least 24 hours before burning
- Wick testing is recommended to achieve optimal burning characteristics and will vary with different combinations of wax, fragrance, dye, and container size.