Melt & Pour Soap Instructions
Calculate the amount of melt and pour soap base you need to fill your mold by filling the mold with water and pour into a measuring cup.
· Melt at least an extra ounce of soap base to account for the amount that will cling to the sides of the measuring cup.
· Slice and cut the soap base into small pieces for quick and easy melting.
· Make sure all the bowls, measuring cups and mixing spoons are completely dry. NEVER ADD WATER to melt and pour soap bases.
· Place approximately 1 cup of chopped up soap pieces in a heat resistant glass container and microwave for 30 seconds to 1 minute on high. The amount of time needed for melting depends on the amount of soap. Melt the soap in small time intervals to keep it from boiling over.
· Remove from the microwave and stir lightly to completely melt any remaining soap pieces. Do not leave the mixing spoon in the soap while heating.
· You can also melt your soap base on the stove in a double boiler. Just adjust the heat to keep the soap at a constant liquid point, but do not let the soap heat more than 10 minutes.
· Add in your colorants, fragrance oil, and any additives to the melted soap and stir in gently to mix. We recommend using 1 oz. of fragrance oil per pound of melt and pour soap base.
· Pour your soap base into the molds.
· Let the soap cool and harden completely before removing from the mold. The soap should pop out easily when completely set.